Bumpy Robot (2010)
Bumpy was a robot developed from scratch for the Fall 2010 intake of the DD2425 Robotics and Autonomous Systems course from the KTH Royal Institute of Technology. Bumpy was able to performing the whole set of tasks for the course:
- Detecting victims and bombs with their distances to the robot, and decoding barcodes
- Rescuing victims in order.
- Avoiding bombs.
- If a bomb and a victim are in the same cell, and the victim is closer, rescue it.
- Usage of the map (example: if we rescue victim 3 and we already know where 4 is, we go straight to pick it up).
- Graphical display of the map
- Recovering from impacts against walls.
- Entering the maze from an outside point.
- Exiting the maze with the rescued victims (using map navigation).